Saturday, December 8, 2012

Life Drawing Palo Alto Art Center 12/6/12

Palo Alto Art Center

For the first time in maybe 15 years, I'm without a figure drawing group to facilitate.
First the Stone Griffin Art Gallery in Campbell closed it's doors.
Then the Cloud Castle group was a temporary thing
until Gabriel Coke could get situated in his new studio space in Saratoga at The Yellow Barn.
Decided to try out the Palo Alto Art Center day time sessions.
Discovered these daytime ones are 3 hours of the same pose! 
Not my cup of tea.
I like quick, gestural poses using a haphazard way of dashing the drawings off.
To me, that adds life and emanates the vibrancy of a living force.
One gets caught up in it.
I stuck it out and so here is my overworked result after 2 hours. Couldn't make myself stay that last hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment